This practice issues over 500 repeat prescriptions every week so to ensure your request is processed:
- Use the tear-off slip from your prescription to order your repeat medicines.
- Order online via the link at the top of this page (following a simple registration).
- Do not leave it until the last minute to ask for a repeat prescription- allow at least two working days for your request to be processed.
- Only ask for the medicines you need and please tick the correct ones.
- Whatever your medicines are for, you will need to see your doctor regularly for a medication review. The tear-off slip will tell you when your review is due, please make an appointment straight away.
Repeat prescription requests are not taken over the telephone.
There is a box for requests on the ground floor of Waters Green Medical Centre, and in the surgery.
Every pharmacy in Macclesfield offers a collection and delivery service so prescription requests could also be given to your usual pharmacy.
Late Ordering of Your Prescription
We make every effort to get your prescription ready on time and can do them at short notice, in an emergency. Please remember though that the process takes 48 hours. When we rush a prescription through, we have to disturb a doctor, who is usually already in surgery, so this means stopping their train of thought and disturbing the consultation with a patient. Remember that patient could be YOU! So please think twice, is it really urgent?
Why 48 Hours?
At Park Green Surgery we process over 2,000 prescriptions a month. All prescriptions are checked and signed by the doctor who would usually see you. If you have been to an outpatient appointment and need medication adding to your list the prescription will be issued 48 hours after the GP has received a letter from your or the hospital. Your medication could be due for review, which means you need to make an appointment to see your doctor. We will always issue you with a repeat prescription until you can get an appointment, but this all takes time!